ESSENCE OF FACILITATION
This two-day program will powerfully enhance group management skills in all settings - meetings, brainstorms and discussions. Participants will have the opportunity to learn generic facilitation and meeting skills as well as grow their own self awareness.
- The facilitators role and impact on others
- Creating safe environments for optimum results
- The many ‘hats’ a facilitator wears
- What is the skill set of an effective facilitator?
- Managing group dynamics
- Icebreakers, process and exercise set-ups and debriefs
- Clarifying purpose
- Dealing with egos, conflicts and impass
- The role of intuition
- The principles of enabling
- Effective framing and reframing
- The basics of running a purposeful meeting
- Using feedback as an empowerment tool
- Thriving on the unexpected
The nature of this workshop is highly experiencial. Participants will have the opportunity to learn generic facilitation and meeting skills as well as grow their own self awareness. Each participant will have an opportunity to ‘work the group’ on a facilitation related topic so practise and session content are maximised. You will leave the course confident you have the skills to continue your own development as you support others in moving forward in theirs.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- People who want more confidence and competence in facilitation
- Anyone who runs meetings and knows they could be more productive
- Leaders who want to unlock more potential in their teams
- Professional facilitators who want to further hone their craft
- Anyone who has an interest in group psychology and team effectiveness
The Essence of Facilitation - Taught in Aust by Merryn Tinkler. designed by Amanda Fleming (NZ)